Date:    Fri, 25 Aug 1995 08:38:40 +0200
From:    mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it (Maurizio Codogno)
To:      http-wg-request@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: '205 Reset Document' (was Any more comments?)

 hedlund@best.com (Marc Hedlund) suggests ;

% '205 Reset Document', suggested in a followup, would be an explicit request
% for this behavior.
%
% The idea was not to give the user another choice, it was to provide a
% response that says, "that last one was okay, go ahead with the next one,
% and keep using the same form."  The user won't see a different result --
% the same resetting can be accomplished, for instance, by resending the
% blank form.  The difference would be in the speed of the response.

I think it is an excellent idea - I was noticing that it's not really
user friendly to ask people to reload a page.

I have a related question: What happens if a server does not recognize
a status code?

.mau.

------- End of Forwarded Message