RE: Suggestion: Partial file transfer.

I like the notion of partial entity transfer. However, I would prefer
that content-length always refer to the transmitted length of the
content, for all requests.  Siince you're intorducing new header
fields, why not add one for the total-length of the entity?

The proposal allows fetch of the tail of a file.  If we go down this
path, why not generalize it to an arbitrary slice?

Is this makes caches more efficient, why forbid its use by cache servers?

Paul