Re: HTTP/1.0 draft 02

Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org> wrote:
  > After receiving a unanimous "yes" response to splitting the draft 01
  > document into a "Best Current Practice" HTTP/1.0 and a standards-track
  > HTTP/1.1, I have completed work on the initial BCP draft.
  >
  > My guidelines for inclusion in the HTTP/1.0 spec were that each specified
  > feature must be correctly and consistently implemented on approximately
  > 80% or more of the currently existing clients and servers.  I am hoping
  > that the WG will agree to that restriction so that we can reach consensus
  > on this document in near-immediate terms.  Once the guidelines have
  > been approved, they will be included in the Introduction of the next draft.
  > [...]
  >
  > Draft 01 remains available for those wishing to see what HTTP/1.1
  > will look like (modulo a few corrections already noted on the list).
  > I am hoping to get an initial HTTP/1.1 draft completed before Friday,
  > to forestall any confusion generated by the suddenly-missing features
  > from HTTP/1.0.
  > [...]

Sorry, I'm getting confused about terminology.  Please verify or
correct this summary of the current set of official terminology.

- HTTP/1.0 now refers to "current practice", sort of.
- HTTP/1.1 now refers to what current practice should be, without
significant feature additions other than Digest AA and Proxy Auth.
- HTTP/1.2 refers to the HTTP/1.1 of a week or two ago?  (You don't
mention HTTP/1.2 here.)

Dave