list of URIs in authorization realm

Eric W. Sink writes:

> I'm not aware that people generally use the realm as a comma separated
> list of URIs.  I remember hearing someone say at the BOF that it would
> be nice to be able to specify that URIs on other machines can be accessed
> as part of the same realm.  Perhaps this section has been phrased
> accordingly?
>
> Was this section written to reflect current practice, or was it written to
> be better than current practice?

I think Henrik got a little carried-away here -- it was a last minute
change prompted by a very good idea, yet I believe it to be in conflict
with current practice (and prior specs) and thus will remove it on the
next draft.

It will probably be proposed for HTTP/1.1.

BTW, if anyone sees something which is in the 1.0 spec, but which
conflicts with current practice in a way that cannot be described
as a "bug" in the implementation, please bring it to the attention of
the list.

......Roy Fielding   ICS Grad Student, University of California, Irvine  USA
                                     <fielding@ics.uci.edu>
                     <URL:http://www.ics.uci.edu/dir/grad/Software/fielding>