Re: Reading Request Object Data

Roy T. Fielding <fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU> writes:

> Current practice is (a) -- it just doesn't work any other way with
> existing servers.
OK, thanks.  Now I know what code to write, this weekend, and you know
at least one sentence that needs to be added to the Internet Draft.

> Ummm, I think (b) and (c) are confused, but these are reasonable questions.
> The problem is that the HTTP spec must define not only origin servers, but
> proxies, gateways, and client usage of HTTP as well.  We (as in the authors)
> will have to clarify this in the next version.
Agreed.  By the way, if there's something I can do to help, let me know.

> Perhaps a section on minimal compliance is called for.
It's hard to find a 'good' standard that doesn't at least try and
provide one (and it's not always easy--a 'COPYFILE' command satisfies
many programming language standards, for example :-)

Mike Cowlishaw