Re: Logout

I decided several years ago to stop use http authentication and instead use a
similar system with cookies, because http authentication transmits everything in
unencoded form.  I realize that cookies don't provide much better security as the
initial password is going to
be unencoded, but somehow I got some (no doubt misplaced) peace of mind out of
that.

As to your question though, with cookies it's easy enough to just set a cookie with
the same name but a different value.  The new cookie will wipe out the old cookie.

-Doug Sims