RE: Last Call: Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1 to Proposed Standard

[3] documents existing practice for https
[5] is noted because it defines an HTTP status code - we could remove it
from this document and let them add an entry to the registry we are
creating.
[8] is an expired draft, referenced only because it was the original
description - this document replaces it as far as standards track is
concerned.