Re: Host header issue

"Josh Cohen (Exchange)" wrote:

> If an absoluteURI is supplied to an origin server by the client,
> then that client is obviously a 1.1 client. (excluding the pathological
> case where a 1.0 client mistakes an origin for a proxy)

This isn't necessarily pathological.  My home network includes a proxy; it runs
Apache with mod_proxy, and that same Apache also serves up its own content.  It
has two CNAMEs, "proxy" and "www"; my browser is configured to use "proxy" as
its proxy.  So, if I send my browser to http://www/foo.html, then Apache gets a
request whose request-URI is http://www/foo.html.  It knows that www is itself,
so it delivers its own content.

--