Re: Server response version number

At 12:49 AM -0700 1996-10-20, Larry Masinter wrote:
>Ahe server should always return its http version.  I'm concerned there
>may be some yet-unidentified parts of the current HTTP/1.1
>specification that are inconsistent with that approach, but we should
>fix those, since the alternative just doesn't make sense.

OK. A bunch of implementors are busy committing to the server returning
the version of the client.  I just changed my server to return the client
version.

I would really appreciate a definitive statement from the WG on this matter
as I need to release a new version of my server NOW (!) and I would prefer not
to pollute the world if at all possible.