Re: HTTP Caching Model?

In message <9412142143.AA06326@ulua.hal.com>, "Daniel W. Connolly" writes:

>And I seem to recall that Tony Sanders gave an explanation* of the
>URI: (aka Location:) header a while back that would solve this problem.
>
>* http://www.research.digital.com/nsl/formtest/home.html

Oops! I pasted the wrong URL! That should be:

http://gummo.stanford.edu/html/hypermail/www-talk-1994q1.messages/955.html

Also, I've updated my caching formal model draft to put the onus
on original servers to advertise variants.

Please see "An Example Scenario" in:

	http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/drafts/formalism.html
	$Id: formalism.html,v 1.5 1994/12/15 01:34:39 connolly Exp $

I still need to write up an example of the case where there are
variant representations and the proxy server is smart enough to be
able to cache them...

Dan