Invitation for ENUM applications/service providers

From: Jim Reid <Jim.Reid@nominum.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:25:53 -0800
To: enum@ietf.org, discuss@apps.ietf.org
Cc: tony.ar.holmes@bt.com, Alwyn.Thomas@dti.gsi.gov.uk
I apologise in advance as this is somewhat off-topic for these lists
but I hope the moderators will indulge me. This is probably the most
effective way of reaching out to the audience that's being sought.

The UK Government intends to start a national trial of ENUM. This should
hopefully start in the summer and last for 6 months. It will be
operated by an ad-hoc group drawn from industry: telcos, registry and
registrar providers, etc. The objective of the trial is to determine
the viability and desirability of operating a production ENUM service
for the UK. Participation in the trial is open to all, especially
developers of ENUM-capable software or ASPs who can offer ENUM-aware
services. Anyone interested in taking part in the trial should contact
Alwyn Thomas at the Department of Trade and Industry. His email
address is Alwyn.Thomas@dti.gsi.gov.uk.