Re: I-D ACTION:draft-palme-e-mail-translation-03.txt

At 07.07 -0800 02-01-17, <ned.freed@mrochek.com> wrote:
>Not a complete failure, perhaps, but a partial failure nevertheless. And your
>assertion that what you propose is "quite readable" is
>following the exact same
>line of reasoning that led to quoted-printable, which makes me very nervous.

Receiving a message in multiple language versions,
concatenated after each other in a single body part, and
with an index of languages at the top, will surely be
readable. This is what I have done manually a few times,
when I have had the need to send messages to people, some
of which are in France, a country where people are proud to
claim they cannot understand English.

At 07.07 -0800 02-01-17, <ned.freed@mrochek.com> wrote:
>One other point to consider is that software that supports
>(b) will support (c)
>trivially. As such, it may make sense to try (b) but plan
>to cut over to (c) if
>the need arises.

Yes, that is very reasonable. If we start with (b)
(multipart/alternative with two additional body parts first
and last with all the language versions concatenated) then
we can of course hope for a possible future where the
additional body parts first and last are not needed any
more (c).
--
Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/