RE: I-D ACTION:draft-palme-e-mail-translation-03.txt

At 01.00 -0800 02-01-15, Dan Wing wrote:
>Concatinating makes it difficult/impossible to write a parser that
>could pull out individual languages.  But there isn't a way in HTML
>to reliably get at other 'attachments'...  Hm, I can't think of a
>different way to do this.

Well, what I suggested was a separate body part for each language
in the middle of the multipart/alternative. It was only the
first and the last body part which would contain concatenated
translations in different languages.

If this becomes a standard, mailers which support the standard,
and know their users' language preferences, will select
one of the middle body parts. They will then have no problem
selected the right language.

The concatenation of all the languages was only meant for those
mailers which did not have any capability of selecting alternative
based on Content-Language. Since many mail UAs will work like
this for a long time in the future, the standard must propose
a format which works for their users.
--
Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/