Re: Application protocols and Address Translation

Patrik,

One of the problems here is that whatever we do in the addressing
architecture, somebody can come along and sell a NAT-v6 box with
the same misleading arguments that we hear for NAT-v4, apart from
one (shortage of address space).

So the real challenge is: how can we make it more attractive to
*not* buy a NAT box than to buy one. I believe that should be the
focus of applications people.

    Brian