RE: Are international characters allowed in email addresses?

From: John Harrison <jharrison@once.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:11:42 -0700
To: "'Keith Moore'" <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Cc: "'discuss@apps.ietf.org'" <discuss@apps.ietf.org>
Thanks, Keith.

So if I received an email address with the following:

	david.garcía.arregui@xxxx.com

it would be incorrect?

The accented í is in fact an ASCII character, it is included in ASCII 8 I
believe and definitely ISO Latin 1 (ISO-8859-1), not ASCII 7. The example
above is a real email address that I received from someone -- thus my state
of confusion.

Thanks for your assistance.

-John