Re: Why the Web?

> Mark,
>
> I worked in process control systems for ten years or so, and
> my answer is: no, mechanisms such as you describe aren't
> good enough. You need transactional reliability.

If you mean that an HTTP operation needs to occur within the context of
a larger transaction, HTTP can do that so long as the interaction
remains stateless (see [1]).

But I question whether this is needed in the use case I provided.
Perhaps if you're controlling a thermostat used in some chemical
engineering plant you'd need it, but not in a house.

 [1] http://www1.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/2001/0044.html

MB