RE: HTTP Extensions Framework status?

See one comment on the practical use of Experimental in an
APPS project recently.

Carl-Uno

--- snip, snip ---

The IPP WG produced a set of drafts which were sent to the IESG in
March 1998. After some comments from ADs, slightly revised drafts
were given to the IESG again in July 1998. These documents were
processed by the IESG in early 1990 and published as Experimental
RFCs in April 1999. By that time, the IPP WG in collaboration with
the Printer Working Group (PWG), had held an interoperability
event with more than 30 vendors. A new set of drafts were sent to
the IESG in early July 1999 with a request to have them published
as RFCs. The only crucial differences from the July 1998 drafts
was the introduction of the ipp:// scheme (as a synonym for
http://...:631) and swapping SSL3 for TLS, which had been done
in between. By now, some 30 products from 20 vendors are
in the market place. An optimistic outlook is to see the RFCs
for the Proposed Standard some time first quarter of the
next millennium.

Carl-Uno