Re: Licence issue / versioning

I don't think Daniel was asking whether a server can be WebDAV compliant
and not support the versioning functions (defined in RFC-3253), but rather
whether it is "odd" that the vendor is making the customer pay (or pay
more)
for the versioning features than for the other features.

In general, what a vendor decides to charge is completely up to that
vendor and is in no way constrained by how features are grouped in the
specifications.  So if a vendor wanted to charge for the ftp "send"
feature, but not charge for the "receive" feature, it is free to do so.