Re: UPDATE semantics for checked-out resources

Am Freitag, 27.09.02, um 16:13 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Clemm, Geoff:

> Apologies, I misread the original message (i.e. the issue is the
> checkout of a member of the collection, not a checkout of the
> collection).
>
> This is just one way in which you can delete a checked-out VCR, and
> currently, deleting a checked-out VCR is allowed by the protocol.

I see where this is going...

I think DELETE on a checked-out VCR must be ok. However if I UPDATE
a collection and someone else checked out the contained VCR and
that VCR is silently deleted, all his/her changes are lost.

Which can happen anyway, unless she/he locks the VCR.

Therefore I change my mind and from now on to forver say that
explicit and implicit DELETE on checked-out resources are "OK".

//Stefan