RE: Interaction of DAV:auto-version and DAV:checkout-fork

Well, the spec doesn't say anything about the type of checkout that is
automatically performed. Not saying anything doesn't mean that anything
different than a "default" CHECKOUT is forbidden, right=

So I think it would be compliant to default to a CHECKOUT *with*
DAV:fork-ok, however I personally wouldn't do that.