RE: which special methods are needed on a webdav-server to work with the sharepoint client extension?

I think it's a mix of

- proprietary, but partly documented methods defined in MS Exchange [1]
- the proprietary and undocumented "INVOKE" method (seems to basically
marshall some of the COM methods such as for getting the version history)
- a set of proprietary live properties

Good luck. Better invest your time in writing clients for servers that
conform to open standards.

[1]
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wss/wss/_w
ebdav_methods.asp>