RE: error condition for delete of VHR when VCR is in checked-in c ollection

Julian wrote:

> b) the server deletes the VHR and un-version-controls the
> VCR (to avoid breaking the live versioning properties).

In what sense would the property be "broken"?  Clearly from the server's
point of view there is a good reason why it may not want to so this, but
from a protocol point I don't see a problem.  For example, what would be
the difference if the version-history resource is unaccessible due to other
circumstances, such as authentication or reachability?

The semantics of a version-controlled resource can be enforced even if the
version-history resource does not exist.

Regards,
Tim