RE: Additional OPTIONS semantics for version-history feature

Hi,

I was just trying to implement 5.5 in our server and came across the
following issue:

- the request body is optional, so I check for the presence of a
XML-wellformed request body. If there is none - fine.

- if there is an XML request body, the protocol *requires* that it has a
certain document element.

This basically means that RFC3253 has occupied the format for *any* OPTIONS
request body -- no other HTTP-extending protocol can go out and specify
similar requirements without being in conflict with RFC3253. In particular,
RFC3253 is in conflict with a potential HTTP revision that specifies request
bodies for OPTIONS (!).

So, at a minimum, the protocol MUST allow to ignore the request body if the
document element is not DAV:options. In the long run, I'd like to see this
removed from the protocol, and possibly changed into a live property.

Julian