RE: locate-by-history report vs. Depth header

   From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@greenbytes.de]

   So: depth = 0: the REPORT affects just the request URI, but as the
   report itself is defined to have "colllection member scope", this
   will return all direct members of the collection at the request URI
   having matching version histories?

No, the REPORT affects (is applied to) the configuration rooted at a URL
which includes *all* members of the collection identified
by that URL not just "direct" (what RFC 2518 calls "internal") members.

   depth = 1: also includes collections that are members of the
   collection at the request URI.

Yes, if by "includes", you mean "repeats the REPORT on".  The Depth:0
report "includes" (in the sense of "looks at") all members of the
collection, but it only runs the report once.