RE: Can there be multiple BINDs to a VCR?

If a server supports "real" bindings, it would be hard to guarantee this.

In particular, what about if "/a1" is checked out, then deleted. What would
be the DAV:checkout-set of the checked out version?

> in the DAV:checkout-set, because that is not required by the protocol.

That's right. I think the only thing that the protocol requires is that for
each checked out resource, one (of possibly many) resource URIs is reported.

> Note that in general, there will not be a list of all URLs, because
> there can be an infinite number of URLs that identify a resource when
> a collection that contains the resource also contains a binding to
> itself.

Right -- that would be the case discussed in [1]. This is a problem
everytime a method needs to generate "a" URI for a given resource (same for
many REPORTs...).

[1]
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.html
#rfc.section.5.2>