Re: Problems with Windows XP "redirector" and Mac OS X WebDAVFS.

Am Mittwoch den, 24. April 2002, um 14:49, schrieb Clemm, Geoff:

> One workaround that comes to mind is to interpret a MOVE from a
> non-version-controlled resource to a checked-out VCR as a COPY/DELETE.

First the good news: if you have a shell on OSX and do a
cp test.txt to /Volumes/dav/test.txt
where "dav" is a WebDAV mounted volumes, the webdav code
in OSX does basically a LOCK/PUT/UNLOCK on an existing
test.txt. So (auto)versioning will do the job.

However if you use the Finder or any Carbon/Cocoa Application,
some library code will do (on save in the GUI):
1) MOVE /Volumes/dav/test.txt /Volumes/dav/test~.txt
2) PUT  /Volumes/dav/data1234.txt
3) MOVE /Volumes/dav/data1234.txt /Volumes/dav/test.txt
4) DELETE /Volumes/dav/test~.txt

(modulo LOCK/UNLOCK)

I see no chance to keep any versioning on text.txt.

//Stefan