RE: Legal operations on members of a Baseline Collection...

Hi,

Still seems odd that text buried in the definition of a property of
a baseline version is defining the behaviour of methods on the members of
a baseline collection.  But the "MUST have" change is certainly an
improvement.

A better solution would be to add the definition of the Baseline Collection
to section 10.2 (Advanced Versioning Terms, we currently define
"Configuration",
"Baseline Resource", "Baseline-Controlled Collection" etc, but it does not
define
"Baseline Collection".  I guess there is no room for this definition, I
think it
would solve all my issues with baseline collections:

"
Baseline Collection

A Baseline Collection captures the state of the baseline-controlled
collection at the time the baseline was created.  Particularly, for
each version-controlled resource in the configuration rooted at the
baseline-controlled collection a new version-controlled resource will
be created in the baseline collection that MUST have the same
DAV:checked-in version and relative name.  Any collections needed to
create a consistent copy of the configuration namespace should also be
included.

This collection cannot be modified except by checking-out and
checking-in a version-controlled configuration.  At most one member
of this collection can have a DAV:checked-in version from a given
version history.
"

I like the definition because it makes it clear that a Baseline Collection
captures not only version-controlled resources (as the current specification
incorrectly hints) but that it also captures any collections needed to get
those VCRs (in the namespace).  It also makes it clear that the baseline
collection should not be modified in any way except when version-controlled
configurations are checked-out and checked-in.

Regards,
--
Peter Raymond - MERANT
Principal Architect (PVCS)