From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:lisa@xythos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 8:55 AM
To: DeltaV
Subject: Problems with locking and DeltaV resources

Let's say as a client I want to protect my version-controlled resource (VCR)
and associated working resource (WR) from being edited by other users while
I check it out and edit it.  One might think the user could issue:

 - LOCK VCR
 - CHECKOUT VCR
 - LOCK WR

This won't work, however.  There is a window when other users can lock my
WR, edit it, etc, before I manage to lock it.   Having another client "take
over" my WR is a situation which I think most clients will want to prevent,
or will not know how to handle, or both.

Any way of dealing with this?

lisa