Re: possible new property?

Scenario:

    I have a large tree (/B/), with a lot of content, under baseline
    control. The client desires to fetch a component of it (/B/C1/C2/C3/).
    To ensure that a consistent baseline is fetched, the client wants to
    move from .../C3/ over to the baseline-collection and fetch from there
    (/BCs/b42/C1/C2/C3).

    How does it get from C3 to /BCs/b42/C1/C2/C3/ ?

Getting from C3 to /BCs/b42/ is a single REPORT. Locating C3 is difficult.
With a property [on /B/C1/C2/C3/] that returned "C1/C2/C3/", it would be a
snap.

An alternative is to have a DAV:href directly from the VCR to the specific
collection within BC.

In my scenario, I prefer the relative path because there are situations
where the client says "get C3 from baseline FOO". It is acceptable for
FOO:C3 to be different (i.e. different version history) than CURRENT:C3
because it is the *path* to C3 that is the input to the operation. It is
also acceptable for FOO:C3 to simply not exist.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/