Re: OPTIONS

mod_dav returns different values for the OPTIONS request based on the
resource identified. (so no, I won't be "unduly burdened" :-)

I don't envision changing that, as I believe the "OPTIONS means server
options" concept (as stated before on the DeltaV list) is bogus. OPTIONS is
sent to a particular resource. Use OPTIONS * to get server information.

[ this has come up on DeltaV before: I say OPTIONS ought to take a Depth:
  header; the rebuttal was that it didn't make sense since OPTIONS referred
  to server capabilities. phphtt. no. ]

The SVN client expects information on a per-resource basis. I don't want to
know if the server has SVN capabilities; I want to know if *that* resource
is under SVN control. It is silly to take any other position.

Just go read S9.2 of RFC 2616: "... request for information ... on the
request/response chain identified by the Request-URI." and "If the
Request-URI is not an asterisk, ... applies only ... when communicating with
that resource."

Cheers,
-g

p.s. note that, in the example below, Apache doesn't handle OPTIONS well at
     all. I consider it a problem with Apache's *default* handling of
     OPTIONS. mod_dav takes particular care to return the correct
     information for resources under its control. I plan to fix the
     defaulting handling in Apache 2.0.

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/