Re: Workspace option comments

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 12:03:09AM -0800, Jim Whitehead wrote:
> 1) Ambiguity of the term "resource".
>
> Section 7.1.1, DAV:workspace-checkout-set property:
>
> > This property identifies each checked-out resource whose
> > DAV:workspace property identifies this workspace.
>
> Does this property identify a "version controlled resource", or
> a "version resource" (or both)? (Or "version history resource?") Just
> saying "resource" is ambiguous.

"checked-out resource" refers to a VCR that has been checked out, or to a
working resource (which is, by definition, checked out from a version
resource).

So "resource" doesn't exist in that phrase, just "checkedout resource" :-)

> Hmm, it stretches credulity that 7+ people could have carefully reviewed
> this option and not caught at least these nits, if not the other issues.

Who said how careful they were? I'm sure everybody has applied a different
level. Whether "credulity" is an issue or not, the underlying question is
whether additional review is need before submitting last call.

Are those nits enough to prevent last call? Hardly.

The other four issues? Possibly.

Cheers,
-g

--