RE: Splitting off core: where we stand

On Thursday, February 08, 2001 3:59 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
> But let's look at some of the stated/implied/inferred implementations:
>
> Rational: nothing stated publicly :-), but they're doing a
> bunch of options

Actually, a recent message from Geoff stated that we're implementing all but
Working Resources and Variants, and Fork-Control will probably miss the cut
for an initial implementation. (We can add Working Resources and Variants
some day, if there ends up being demand for those options from clients.)

I would like to add my vote for keeping the document as is (not splitting
it). It is very important to have a stable specification for these options
as soon as possible. My sense from the traffic on this list is that the vast
majority of server implementors are planning on implementing at least some
of the options. Letting the status of the options specifications lag behind
the core specification will impede the availability and interoperability of
a number of implementations.

John