RE: errors in 9.8 and 9.9

Duh, of course.  I guess I should have gotten some sleep last night (:-).
Thanks for the patient explanation, Greg.  Will fix.

From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@lyra.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 8:27 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: Re: errors in 9.8 and 9.9

Not a Label header, but a DAV:label-name within the DAV:update element.
(the actual XML constructs described in 9.9!)

The precondition is to prevent an UPDATE request with this body:

  <D:update xmlns:D="DAV:">
    <D:label-name>whatever</D:label-name>
    <D:version><D:href>http://some.thing/</D:href></D:version>
  </D:update>

The UPDATE couldn't figure out which to use.

Oh. So I guess the text from 9.9 does simply move up to 9.8. Within section
9.8, it must refer to the Label header, and the DAV:apply-to-version
element.

In section 9.9, the precondition must refer to the DAV:label-name and
DAV:version elements.

Cheers,
-g

--