RE: Re (2): Complexity and Core Considerations

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm [geoffrey.clemm@rational.com]
> > But I am strongly opposed to delaying the submission of the versioning
> > options for "proposed standard" status, since after 2.5 years of work
> > by numerous members of this working group, with 12 internet drafts and
> > over 50 working drafts, we have reached significant consensus on the
> > suitability of the current versioning options for providing a basis
> > for interoperable implementations.
[snip]

From: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de
> I normally avoid to cite too much but nevertheless do it to emphasize what
> Geoff said. I couldn't have said it better.
[snip]
> As I said before. Let the users requirements decide on the fate of the
> options.

For what it is worth, I agree with both Edgar and Geoffery.

The complexity of the protocol may be a concern, but only if this
causes a real problem with interoperability.  After 2.5 years it is
time to move on to the next phase.  The first real implementations
will illuminate most clearly where any misunderstandings may lie.

--
Preston L. Bannister
preston@home.com