RE: Versioning TeleConf Agenda, 2/2/00 (Friday) 12-1pm EST

Oops, I was working on an email to you separately about that, but it's
still sitting in my drafts folder.

I was excited about the possibilities of variants, but when Barry
reviewed the draft, he brought me back down to earth.  It's the problem
of being a small company without in-house client development.  Sure, we
could implement variants in our server, but if no client did, what's the
point -- our versioning support would be useless.

You may want to leave it in, because if one of our customers ever asks
for the functionality provided by variants, we can recommend that.
Eazel might someday look at it.  Or if Microsoft or Adobe or another of
the big WebDAV client companies ever implements variants, then great,
we're there.  But until then, we really can't afford to implement
something that doesn't interoperate with anything.

I still agree that the variant stuff is valuable, but *sigh*...

lisa