From: Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com [mailto:Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 9:21 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: DAV:auto-version

From versioning-11

2.2.5 DAV:auto-version

When the DAV:auto-version property of a checked-out version-controlled
resource is set, a modification request (such as PUT/PROPPATCH) is
automatically preceded by a checkout operation.

(1) Oops, I think that should be referring to a checked-in VCR.

(2) If I was going to be pedantic I would say that the property should be
set, and its value should be 'true' .

(3) We seem to have lost the description of 'doing no harm' during
modification failures (words to te effect that if the PUT fails the server
should be left as though non of the CHECKOUT-PUT-CHECKIN sequence
occurred).

Regards,

Tim Ellison
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM UK Laboratory, Hursley Park, Winchester, UK.
tel: +44 (0)1962 819872  internal: 249872  MOBx: 270452