Re: re-use of version URL's

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 05:07:00PM -0800, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> http://www.server.com/version-space/path/filename.ext/version2/UUID10938
> 478691283
>
> > I would think the above URL is a version resource URL, so it doesn't
> need to
> > be human readable.
>
> That's the crux of the discussion, I think; whether a version URL needs
> to be human readable.

As Geoff stated: you can use version-controlled resources, labels, or
baseline selectors to create human-readable URLs.

The version resource URL is (IMO) typically private and does not need to be
readable. Primarily, the URL needs to be *stable* and *persistent* (and note
that means it could be exclusive with human-readable).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/