From: Jim Amsden [mailto:jamsden@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 10:16 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: RE: Removing the DAV:activity and DAV:version-history and
DAV:bas eline resource type values

I agree with Geoff that *most* new resource types do result in at least
one new method and/or property. But this is fundamentally a poor thing to
depend on as we know there can be (and therefore probably will be)
subtypes that don't add new methods or properties, but only override
behavior of their superclass. By not resolving the resource type issue to
support such situations, we may be just putting the problem off in such a
way that it will need to be solved in some very different manner by some
future protocol extension. This is what keeps nagging at me.