Re: Removing the DAV:activity and DAV:version-history and DAV:baselin e resource type values

The reason we can't introduce new resource types for all of the versioning
resources is because we have to support down-level clients that only know
about DAV:collection. For new resources that down-level clients couldn't
possibly know about, workspaces, activities, baselines, etc., we don't
have this restriction. I agree with Greg and Tim. We should be as specific
as we can about declared type and only compromise when required by
interoperability considerations.

This doesn't feel right. Tim's point about supersets worries me. And
clients
that don't look at enough scope to be able to differentiate future/private
types.

We have specific types of resources in the spec. Semantic/conceptual types
of resources. It seems better to state "this resource is of <THIS> type"
than to let it be inferred by the property set.

That inference step is rather brittle over time.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/