From: ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
[mailto:ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 12:37 PM
To: Clemm, Geoff; ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: RE: Confusion: Removing a resource from version control

> If the defined behavior is to keep all versions, then the other
> behavior can be achieved by the client explicitly deleting
> the versions when deleting the version-controlled resource.
> But if the defined behavior is to delete all versions, the other
> behavior cannot be achieved by any explicit client action
> (the versions are deleted and cannot be brought back).

Normally I'd agree with what you're saying, but cleaning up old versions can
be server policy.  Server administrators can't force clients to do that, so
it must be a possible server behaviour.

I understand it can also be server policy to keep around all old versions
and NEVER delete them.  That's why DeltaV MUST support both.

lisa