AW: Removing the DAV:activity and DAV:version-history and DAV:baseline resource type values

> [mailto:ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org]Im Auftrag von Clemm, Geoff
>
> If you believe there is a useful line drawn between "resource state"
> and "resource type", then it is necessary to unambiguously define "state"
> and
> "type" (in particular, in a way that allows you to distinguish one
> from the other).

Nice try. ;-)

I'd be happy with a useful definition of what can appear inside
resourcetype and how that matches to the different kind of resources
mentioned in deltaV (and possibly other extensions).

I see two ways to resolve this issue in the Spec:

1) Top-Down: the spec defines types of resources and for each
   type then defines what live properties it holds and what state
   it can have.

2) Bottum-Up: The current spec is enhanced by a chapter which
   algorithmically defines how to detect the resource type from
   the supported-xxx-set. Ideally this would also describe how
   future extensions should add to this algorithm for their new
   types.

Could the creators of deltaV agree on a way to go forward? Please?

//Stefan

PS. As Tim wrote: the spec itself, the concepts etc. are all fine and
there is no argument about that.