RE: Removing the DAV:activity and DAV:version-history and DAV:ba seline resource type values

"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:

> So the part of me is responsible for earning a salary doesn't care,
> but the part of me that wants the world to be a better place cares
> deeply (:-).

Ah, didn't reckon on that schizophrenia thing.

> I suggest that no DAV:resourcetype values are needed for the
> DeltaV protocol extensions,

Agreed.

> but that I am willing to add any
> set of (well-defined! :-) values on which the working group can
> reach consensus.
>
> So from now on, I will only be asking for clarification on
> the semantics of proposed new DAV:resourcetype values, rather
> than repeating why I'm against adding any at all (:-).

Once the "reasoned debate" has concluded it can drift off into the
archives.  Clearly this debate falls far short of RFC2026's description of
a basis for dispute which is "(a) [an individual's] own views have not been
adequately considered by the Working Group, or (b) the Working Group has
made an incorrect technical choice which places the quality and/or
integrity of the Working Group's product(s) in significant jeopardy"