RE: File creation date, version creation date, and getlastmodifie d

I am an implementer, not a developer, but I do have an opinion on this one.

For process workflow applications, it is very important to know when the
resource is last changed.  I care less about property changes, although that
event is key for backup software.  I would like to see both tracked.

As far as versioning is concerned, it will often be important to know both
when Check-out occurred and when Check-in occurred, however, getlastmodified
should only reflect Check-in.  This is because the resource has not been
modified, as far as DAV is concerned, until that Check-in has occurred.  To
keep this consistent with the three properties you listed, getlasttouched
would reflect the Check-out event because the file lock was set, while
getlastmodified would not.  On Checked-in both would be updated.

Matt Harris