Re: Variations of mapping from Japanese encodings to Unicode

Hello Makoto,

I have tried to look at the .xml files you cited.
But I got validation errors with various tools.
E.g. in http://www.w3.org/TR/japanese-xml/x-sjis-cp932.xml,
XMLSpy complains that there is no ID on characterMapping
(required according to
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr22/CharacterMapping.dtd).
My guess is that the problem is due to some updates in
the CharacterMapping DTD. I'm coping Mark to check.

I suggest that you investigate the problems. If necessary,
you can always resubmit the XML Japanese Profile Note
to fix errors.

Regards,   Martin.