RE: Fwd: Last Call: UTF-16, an encoding of ISO 10646 to Proposed

> De: Ira Mcdonald [mailto:imcdonal@sdsp.mc.xerox.com]
> Date: mercredi 15 décembre 1999 23:32
>
> Over the wire, UTF-16 has a long list of drawbacks
> and no visible advantages.  It shouldn't be 'legitimized'
> by IETF Proposed Standard designation.

I wouldn't really object to Informative instead of PS, but would like to
hear more about that "long list of drawbacks".  My own list is rather short
and parts of it are related to C string and ASCII-thinking and will
disappear over time. I also have a (short) list of advantages.

--
François Yergeau