Re: Cache behavior in the absence of a Fresh-until: header

On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Shel Kaphan wrote:

> discard.  It's almost as if there are two orthogonal pieces of
> information here: how long a document remains "fresh", and how sure
> the source of that document is about that.

hmmmm...   freshfor=10;q=n.n

As in content negotiation ... quality of freshness? q=0 is a default
guess q=1 means we have a legal policy the precludes change in less
time.  Just food for thought ... I'm not advocating this approach

(but I agree there must be a distinction between a server guess (aka
default) and an educated estimate, etc.

Dave