Re: Cache behavior in the absence of a Fresh-until: header

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Jeffrey Mogul wrote:

> On the other hand, something like "Cache-control: reload" is
> apparently procedural, but I suspect that we cannot do without
> a few such features.

Yes.  This is nice and clear.  And an example where there should be
no latitude for interpretation. It could read:
   Cache-control: MyUserNeedsAnExactCopyOfWhatTheOriginServerWouldNowServe
which in my english is declaritive with no latitude. But no advantage.

Given there is one, there are probably others. But in principal I
agree as well with the general declaritive approach.

Dave Morris