Re: HTML5 Tidy [was: Undeprecating <s> and <u> tags]

* Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
>Steven Le <stevenle@google.com>, 2012-02-06 16:20 -0800:
>
>> The latest HTML5 specs have revived the <s> and <u> tags, links below:
>>
>> http://developers.whatwg.org/text-level-semantics.html#the-s-element
>> http://developers.whatwg.org/text-level-semantics.html#the-u-element
>
>Sources for an HTML5 fork of Tidy here:
>
>  https://github.com/w3c/tidy-html5
>
>Those sources are based on a patch from Björn Höhrmann:

Michael, please be aware that the GitHub user "sideshowbarker" made no
attempt to coordinate this "fork" with the HTML Tidy project, and many
of the changes that have since been applied to the "fork" are incompa-
tible with long-standing policies and practises of the project. I don't
think you, in your role as representative of the World Wide Web Con-
sortium, should support the harmful actions of this "sideshowbarker"
person. As you know, my patch came with a very explicit request for
feedback, and this "sideshowbarker" person has used my patch without
providing any kind of feedback to the project. Legally that's fine, but
having been a maintainer of HTML Tidy for a decade, and having provided
this patch, I find the behavior of this "sideshowbarker" person rather
disappointing and objectionable.