Re: Tidy converts "--" in comments...

On 1 March 2010 at 6:59, Dennis Kowallek said:

> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:20:42 +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
> >>I am running tidy.exe for windows dated 22 March 2008.
> >>
> >>I have "fix-bad-comments: no" in the cfg file. But tidy converts "--" in
> >>comments to "-=".
> >>
> >>I would like tidy to leave these alone. What am I doing wrong?
[...]
> The reason I asked is that these comments actually contain valid HTML that
> I may wish to uncomment in the future. I would prefer that tidy did not
> muck with this.

The only source of difficulty I can think of would be existing comments
which you now want to embed in a larger commented-out block. The closing
marker will cause problems anyway, so you are almost certainly better off
letting Tidy do its thing.

Would you care to show an example or two, in case anyone has bright
ideas?