Re: Force tidy to keep numeric character references

* Oswald Glinkmeyer wrote:
>I want to know if there's a setting that will prevent it from converting
>a numeric entity into a character? For example, it seems to convert
>"m" (that is, ampersand#109; if that is filtered on this list) to
>"m" and so forth. The -n switch converts named entities into numeric
>entities, but with this option Tidy still converts simple numeric
>entities to their characters, I guess if they're printable characters
>under ascii 128. I've been looking through the docs, and while there are
>lots of configuration and command line options
><http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html>, I can't seem to find
>what I'm looking for.  Is this even possible?

This is not currently possible. Presumably you are trying to obfuscate
e.g. an e-mail address, in that case I would suggest to use a post-pro-
cessing script; since Tidy generates fairly regular output, a simple
regular expression search and replace should do.